Madonna of the Golden Crown
A rare Gothic painting, Madonna of the Golden Crown, was returned to its original place at the Zlatá Koruna monastery in south Bohemia after 78 years on Sunday 17th April 2016. The painting was placed in the newly restored Abbot’s Chapel of the monastery.
The Madonna of the Golden Crown was painted between 1410 and 1420 and was most likely commissioned by the Cistercian monastery. It was hidden during WWII, after which it was housed at the National Gallery.